An expert team
At RSA, we have a specialist team of underwriters with vast knowledge of the commercial property sector who will work closely with you to understand your specific needs and provide you with the right level of cover – all in one package.
This policy covers:
- Buildings insurance
- Loss of rent cover
- Alternative accommodation
- Public liability insurance
- Employers' liability insurance
- Communal contents insurance
For a full copy of the policy wording, contact your local RSA underwriter.
Flexible cover, personal service
We have more than 300 years of commercial property experience for all types and sizes of companies.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
Reliable, efficient claims
Our in-house claims team is fast and responsive – so when you’re due a claim, you get it as quickly as possible.
Help when you need it
To make sure you get the best out of our service, our underwriting team is always happy to help.
This product was designed to be competitive for purpose-built blocks of flats, but can cover private dwelling houses.
We can offer particularly good deals for:
- Post-1960 built, or converted blocks of flats, and single or multiple premises
- Standard construction including concrete floors
- Over three years old and up to 10 stories in height
- Professional lets, owner-occupied, or mixed tenants
- Majority occupied
- Declared value £1m–£10m
- Low flood and subsidence exposure
- Well-managed (on-site personnel, maintenance, caretaker)
- Good security (electronic entry, 24-hour concierge, alarms), and moderate values for fixtures and fittings
- Some commercial element to the block is acceptable (e.g. retail on ground floor)
We are happy to consider portfolios that include converted blocks of flats and private dwelling houses (at least three properties per policy).
Risks we don’t write – or write only rarely as a small part of a wider portfolio – include:
- Student accommodation
- Social housing/housing associations
- Holiday lets
- Standalone commercial premises
- 100% unoccupied blocks or blocks undergoing refurbishment
The right expert on your claim
Direct access to decision makers
A highly experienced team responds when things go wrong. For you, this means minimum disruption and getting things back on track quickly.
Dedicated loss adjusters
Our adjusters take ownership of any claim and deal directly with you to arrange visits and agree settlements.
Bespoke supply chain service
Customers get access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
Commercial property claims information
Get an overview of our claims service for commercial property.
- We put you in touch with a tradesperson from our carefully selected panel.
- You pay cost of any work done, but where damage is caused by an insured event you can submit cost as part of your claim.
- If damage is significant, we put you in touch with our loss adjusting service.
- We offer fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Our office-based loss adjusters use video technology to deliver swift assessment and settlement of suitable losses (typically up to £10,000).
- Our field-based commercial property adjusters carry out face-to-face, on-site assessments for higher value and complex losses.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA Underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high-impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
- A comprehensive range of reliable service providers – from drainage experts to validation and replacement of content items.
- This provides your customers with access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
- We ensure suppliers meet our challenging service level targets, delivering for your customers by monitoring each claim using a unique web-based platform to track both progress and costs.
Downloads and documents
View and download policies, fact sheets and more.