A flexible e-Traded product
Our Shops policy is specifically designed to suit the needs of small- to medium-sized retail businesses. We can provide cover for a range of trades, including convenience stores, takeaway food outlets, clothing, cafés, coffee shops, and hair and beauty salons.
- Wide trade and geographical eligibility
- Free 24-hour advice lines for catastrophe claim assistance, emergency repairs and health and safety
- Covers risks with ATMs installed at the premises
- Covers retailers who operate from a domestic premises
- Covers second-hand goods, including charity shops
- A specialist hair and beauty policy wording
- Simplified approach to security requirements
A wide range of cover
The package includes a set of standard cover, plus optional extras you can add depending on what you need. You can choose covers at quote, mid-term or renewal. Our standard cover consists of:
- General trade stock and other trade contents 50% seasonal stock increase for Christmas and Easter (or a period of the same length of the customers choice)
- Goods in transit cover at £2,500 (option to extend to £10,000)
- Unspecified all risks items at £2,500 (option to increase)
- £1,000 cover for damage to frozen and chilled food (option to increase)
- Public and products liability is automatically included to £2m (option to increase)
- For hair and beauty risks, public and products liability is included for acceptable treatments
- Loss of liquor licence cover to £100,000 (option to increase)
- Money cover at £3,500 (option to increase)
- Business interruption (gross profit from £500,000)
Choose from a range of optional covers to meet your needs:
- Stock cover for tobacco, wines and spirits
- Option to include buildings cover or tenants improvements
- Personal accident
- Legal expenses
This policy has been updated to exclude cover for Covid-19. See the Covid-19 notice to policyholders for more.
The best of RSA
We have more than 300 years of commercial property experience for all types and sizes of companies.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
Reliable, efficient claims
Our in-house claims team is fast and responsive – so when you’re due a claim, you get it as quickly as possible.
Help when you need it
To make sure you get the best out of our service, our underwriting team is always happy to help.
This product is designed to meet the needs of:
- Food risks – including takeaways and fish and chip shops
- Convenience stores & grocers
- Beauty salons
- Contents with sum insured under £20,000 & stock under £10,000
- Cafes and coffee shops
We can offer particularly good deals for:
- Single tenancy
- Good alarm and physical security
- Low claims frequency
- Standard construction
- Length of time in business
Risks we don’t write – or write only rarely as a small part of a wider portfolio – include:
- Individual exposures greater than £2.5m SI
- Portfolios with more than 10 premises
- Medical or invasive treatment risks
- Predominantly unoccupied Portfolios
The right expert on your claim
Direct access to decision makers
A highly experienced team responds when things go wrong. For you, this means minimum disruption and getting things back on track quickly.
Dedicated loss adjusters
Our adjusters take ownership of any claim and deal directly with you to arrange visits and agree settlements.
Bespoke supply chain service
Customers get access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
Commercial property claims information
Get an overview of our claims service for commercial property.
- We put you in touch with a tradesperson from our carefully selected panel.
- You pay cost of any work done, but where damage is caused by an insured event you can submit cost as part of your claim.
- If damage is significant, we put you in touch with our loss adjusting service.
- We offer fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Our office-based loss adjusters use video technology to deliver swift assessment and settlement of suitable losses (typically up to £10,000).
- Our field-based commercial property adjusters carry out face-to-face, on-site assessments for higher value and complex losses.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA Underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high-impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
- A comprehensive range of reliable service providers – from drainage experts to validation and replacement of content items.
- This provides your customers with access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
- We ensure suppliers meet our challenging service level targets, delivering for your customers by monitoring each claim using a unique web-based platform to track both progress and costs.
Notice to policyholders
For new business and renewals transacted from 18 December 2020 we would like to draw your attention to the Important Notice to Policyholder documents outlining changes to the policy wording.
Downloads and documents
View and download policies, brochures and more.