Flexible cover to suit your needs
Catering for a wide range of construction companies and their employers, our contractors’ insurance products can be packaged together in one annual policy. And with our in-house risk consulting expertise and deep knowledge of the construction industry, we can provide companies with recommendations for best practices to help them improve their performance over time.
Liability and all-risks protection
Our specialist covers can be combined with our wider insurance products and tailored to suit the needs of each business. They include:
Protection against legal liability for damages and legal costs arising from injury to any person employed, including:
- Compensation for court attendance in the course of their employment
- Unsatisfied court judgements
Public and product liability
Cover for legal liability for damages arising out of accidental injury to any person or accidental loss or damage to third-party property, including:
- Wrongful arrest or false imprisonment of a member of the public
- Contingent motor cover
- Legal defence costs (limit £250,000)
Contractors’ all risks
Protection against physical loss, destruction or damage to construction works during the course of construction.
Can be extended to include:
- Maintenance – includes damage to permanent works that occur during any maintenance or defects liability period (not exceeding 12 months’ duration)
- Temporary buildings – including fixtures and fittings
- Constructional plant tools and equipment
- Cover for damage to hired-in property – in the event of an insured loss, cover for the value of the property destroyed
- Employees’ tools and effects – while on the site of the contract
Excellent service, fast response
Dedicated phone lines
It’s always easy to get in touch with us when you need.
Quotation enquiries receive a response within 24 hours.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
A fast, effective claims service
Get a fast response
With a notification within three hours, and an action plan within 48 hours, we put next steps and agreed progress updates in place, fast.
We work closely with you throughout the life of a claim. We ensure claims handling is tailored appropriately at all stages.
Know who to talk to
One person manages your claim from start to finish – so they know exactly what’s going on, and you know who to call.
Get it settled
We always focus on settling claims as quickly and fairly as possible.
Claims information for construction, engineering and renewables
Fast and efficient claims handling when you need it most – for the construction, engineering and renewable energy sector.
- Fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Face-to-face, on-site assessments carried out by specialist construction adjusters.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
Examples we target and are most competitive in include:
- CAR in isolation
- Renewable energy
- General builders: annual Contractors Combined (including liability) over £50m turnover
- Specific trades (e.g. electricians): annual Contractors Combined (including liability) over £50m turnover
- Minor/medium civil engineering risks (e.g. groundworks): annual Contractors Combined (including liability) over £50m turnover
Downloads and documents
View and download policies and wordings.
Contact us for a quote
To find out more and get a quote, speak to our underwriting specialist in your region. They’ll be more than happy to answer any questions and can provide you with fast decisions.
Related products and services
All-risks plant insurance, providing cover for own and hired-in plant.
JCT Clause 6.5.1 Insurance
Insurance to provide protection against employer’s liability for non-negligent damage to property.
Single Period Contractors' Insurance
All-risks contractors’ insurance to help reduce costs during construction.