Expert support, all-risks protection
Our Erection All Risks policies are designed to insure the specific business responsibilities that can arise out of contract(s) for the supply, installation or repair of machinery.
With our deep knowledge of the construction and engineering sector, we’re able to tailor cover to suit a wide range of customer needs – from small installation contracts to complex, larger machinery and plant installations.
Pragmatic risk consultancy
We have an in-house team of risk consultants who specialise in the engineering and construction industry. From full site surveys to desktop reviews, we can offer technical advice on construction design and methods, project reviews and post-loss risk evaluations.
Cover tailored to your needs
We offer cover to suit the individual requirements of businesses, including:
- Short period and annual all-risks insurance, sufficient to cover the business’ responsibilities under the standard form of contract conditions
- Testing and commissioning insurance (optional)
- Loss of gross revenue or loss of gross profit due to delay in contract works completion (optional)
- Permanent and temporary works
- Company’s own constructional plant and equipment (optional)
- Hired-in constructional plant and equipment (optional)
- Employees’ tools and effects (optional)
Excellent service, fast response
Dedicated phone lines
It’s always easy to get in touch with us when you need.
Quotation enquiries receive a response within 24 hours.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
A fast, effective claims service
Get a fast response
With a notification within three hours, and an action plan within 48 hours, we put next steps and agreed progress updates in place, fast.
We work closely with you throughout the life of a claim. We ensure claims handling is tailored appropriately at all stages.
Know who to talk to
One person manages your claim from start to finish – so they know exactly what’s going on, and you know who to call.
Get it settled
We always focus on settling claims as quickly and fairly as possible.
Claims information for construction, engineering and renewables
Fast and efficient claims handling when you need it most – for the construction, engineering and renewable energy sector.
- Fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Face-to-face, on-site assessments carried out by specialist construction adjusters.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
Examples we target and are most competitive in include:
- Lifts, escalators, cranes and other lifting plant
- Plumbing, heating and electrical work (domestic or commercial)
- Brick and glass making machinery
- Computer equipment
- Steel or rolling mills
- Scrap metal processing plant
- Structural steelwork
- Renewable energy installations (See Renewable Energy product page)
Contact us for a quote
To find out more and get a quote, speak to our underwriting specialist in your region. They’ll be more than happy to answer any questions and can provide you with fast decisions.
All-risks plant insurance, providing cover for own and hired-in plant.
Environmental Impairment Liability
Liability cover for losses or damages arising from a pollution event.