Technical expertise. Global cover.
With some of the best people in the business, our London Market marine insurance team creates tailored solutions for your clients, wherever they are in the world. we offer our large and risk managed clients fully compliant global programmes written on a 100% basis as well as an international cargo and specie subscription portfolio.
The RSA difference
Technical excellence permeates everything we do, covering everything from cargo to complex global operations.
Products designed for needs
We designed our marine insurance products to meet the specific demands of the industry – so you only ever get the cover you need.
Effective risk management
Helping businesses manage their risks lies at the heart of RSA: we work with businesses of all kinds to put them in the best possible position.
Examples we target and are at our most competitive in include:
- Building materials
- Bulk commodities
- Consumer goods
- Electronic goods (domestic appliances and proprietary goods)
- Fine art
- Foodstuffs & food products
- General specie
- Manufactured & Containerised goods
- Motor vehicles (excluding storage)
- Oils, gas & chemicals
- Plant & machinery
- ‘Project Cargo’
- Static storage of goods including whilst temporarily stored up to the normal limits of
- £10m Reduced to
- £5m if located in critical natural catastrophe risk zone
- Textiles and clothing
Examples of higher hazard risks we have limited appetite for include:
- Cash in transit
- Dual use or military goods
- Electronic ‘high tech’ or scientific equipment
- Jewellers Block
- Lineslip arrangements (other than RSA lead)
- Motor vehicles storage (including in the open)
- Static storage risks in excess of £10m (reduced to 5m if located in critical risk natural catastrophe zones)
- Stock only risks (i.e. where we do not write transit coverage as either primary or excess) - Excess layer for auto and pharmaceuticals
- Tobacco products
- Vault risks
- Warehousekeepers’ Liability (where cover provided is minor part of Stock Throughput coverage)
- Wet tows
An expert claims service
A team of specialists
When things go wrong, you get a highly experienced team on the case, working to minimise disruption and get things back on track quickly.
A global network
Our marine claims adjusters work with a global network of claims agents and surveyors – so we can respond fast, wherever the claim is.
A strong partnership
We work closely with you and all parties involved, moving the claim to resolution as quickly as possible.
Speak to our team
For more information and to get a quote, speak to one of our underwriters in your region. They’ll be more than happy to answer any questions and can provide you with fast decisions.
e-Traded marine cargo insurance for UK-based SMEs that transport goods worldwide.
Cargo Throughput Solutions & Simply Cargo
Marine cargo insurance to cover goods in transit and storage worldwide.