The expertise for high profile projects
Single Period Project Contractors’ Insurance provides an intelligent way to reduce costs for the property owner during construction.
Our expertise in this field is used to protect high profile projects of all shapes and sizes across the UK, including a number of FTSE 100 companies.
Pragmatic risk consultancy
We have an in-house team of risk consultants who specialise in the engineering and construction industry. From full site surveys to desktop reviews, we can offer technical advice on construction design and methods, project reviews and post-loss risk evaluations.
A wide range of cover
We offer cover to suit the individual needs of businesses, including:
- 6.7.3A – for projects involving new works: contractor arranges insurance in joint names with the employer on an all-risks basis.
- 6.7.3B – for projects involving new works: employer arranges insurance in joint names with the contractor on an all-risks basis.
- 6.7.3C – for works consisting of refurbishment of or modification or extension to existing structures: employer arranges insurance in joint names with the contractor on an all-risks basis.
- 6.7.3C.1 – damage to existing structures and their contents for specified perils: employer arranges insurance in joint names with the contractor.
- 6.5.1 – non-negligence indemnity: employer arranges insurance in joint names with the contractor.
Where applicable we’re able to consider insuring existing structures while undergoing refurbishment, subject to the following information:
- Value of structure
- Age and condition
- Construction (e.g. brick, stone, wood)
- Is building listed
- Current use
Excellent service, fast response
Dedicated phone lines
It’s always easy to get in touch with us when you need.
Quotation enquiries receive a response within 24 hours.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
A fast, effective claims service
Get a fast response
With a notification within three hours, and an action plan within 48 hours, we put next steps and agreed progress updates in place, fast.
We work closely with you throughout the life of a claim. We ensure claims handling is tailored appropriately at all stages.
Know who to talk to
One person manages your claim from start to finish – so they know exactly what’s going on, and you know who to call.
Get it settled
We always focus on settling claims as quickly and fairly as possible.
Claims information for construction, engineering and renewables
Fast and efficient claims handling when you need it most – for the construction, engineering and renewable energy sector.
- Fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Face-to-face, on-site assessments carried out by specialist construction adjusters.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
Learn more about how our expert investigations lead to substantial claim payments.
A contract works policy was taken out for the development of a housing estate, with the initial work involving the necessary infrastructure – including laying roads, pavements, street lighting and installation of water mains and mains electricity.
During the testing stage of the installation of 11kv electrical cables, the cables failed the required test. The trenches where the cables had been laid were opened up to expose the cables, which revealed that the protective rubber sheath was cut and punctured in many areas.
Further inspection identified the cause of the damage as the failure, prior to the commencement of the backfilling of the trenches, to cover the cables with a protective layer of sand. The damage caused fell within the policy cover and an indemnity was provided.
Total claim payment: £102,000
A contractor was undertaking a contract for the demolition and rebuild of a local authority property. A project policy was issued, naming both the employer and contractor together with any subcontractors.
Shortly prior to completion and handover of the contract, overnight there was an escape of water resulting in extensive damage of the works already completed.
The escape arose from a failed pipefitting, and expert investigation identified the failure had arisen due to defective workmanship on the part of the contractor when installing the pipework. Therefore, an indemnity was provided under the project policy.
Total claim payment: £95,000
Downloads and documents
View and download wordings, extensions and more.
Contact us for a quote
To find out more and get a quote, speak to our underwriting specialist in your region. They’ll be more than happy to answer any questions and can provide you with fast decisions.
Related products and services
All-risks cover for all types of computer equipment on a worldwide basis.
Contractors' Annual Insurance
Annual liability and contractors’ all-risks insurance for the construction industry.
JCT Clause 6.5.1 Insurance
Insurance to provide protection against employer’s liability for non-negligent damage to property.