Products we will exit
- Employee and Third-Party Fraud
- Professional Indemnity – Medical Malpractice
- Professional Indemnity – Secondary Intermediaries
- Professional Indemnity – Design & Construct
The open market products listed above are currently closed to new business and this will remain the case. Please note that we will not offer renewal terms for policy holders at renewal. We will confirm the timing of when this comes into effect at a later date and will be in touch regarding impacted policies.
For our existing customers in run off (i.e. the Insured entity has ceased trading and we are providing cover for historic activities) we will continue to provide terms for run off cover should it be required.
For each of the open market products listed below, RSA will only continue to accept annual policy new business enquiries, (i.e. no new Long-Term Agreements (LTAs)), until 1/2/2021. Any new business enquiries or risks that have not been incepted by RSA prior to 1/2/2021 with a policy start date on or after 1/2/2021 will be declined.
- Employment Practices Liability (outside of our Management Protection product)
- Pension Trustee Liability
- Lost Shares
Products we will continue
See the full list of products we will continue and that remain unaffected by expanding the menu below.
- Accident and Health - Group Personal
- Accident and Business Travel
- Accident and Health - Amateur Sports Clubs
- Professional Indemnity - Accountants
- Professional Indemnity - Consulting Engineers
- Professional Indemnity - Excess Layer
- Professional Indemnity - General
- Professional Indemnity - IT Professionals
- Professional Indemnity - Media Professionals
- Professional Indemnity - Property Professionals
- Professional Indemnity - Universities and colleges
- Professional Indemnity - Officials Indemnity
- Directors and Officers
- Crime and Commercial Crime
- Scottish Bonds
- Fraud - Financial Institutions
- Cyber - SME and Large Company
Next steps if you are impacted
We have established a communication strategy that will allow reasonable time for our broker partners and customers to make alternative arrangements where necessary or understand the product alternatives prior to policy end date of the impacted policies. We will be in touch with all brokers that will be directly impacted by these changes well in advance of policy end date and will supply guidelines and letter templates for communication to our policy holders. Please look out for this communication in the next few weeks.
If you have any specific queries, please get in touch with your usual RSA contact.