Designed for hospitality
Pubs, restaurants and hotels have a specific set of requirements – which is why we designed this package to match their specific needs. This package is ideal for: hotels and inns with up to 20 rooms, restaurants with up to 300 seats, plus pubs and wine bars. This product covers a maximum of 4 premises.
The policy has been tailored to meet the needs of the sector and provides:
- A competitive package of covers, with generous and flexible limits
- Cover for leakage of alcoholic or soft drinks from storage containers or connected apparatus
- Business interruption cover for notifiable diseases, food or drink poisoning, defective sanitation, murder, suicide, vermin and pests (£250,000 limit as standard)
- Automatic extension to cover up to £5,000 of outside furniture
- Free 24-hour advice lines for catastrophe claim assistance, emergency repairs, health and safety, stress counselling and taxation advice
A wide range of cover
Our standard cover consists of:
- Contents, stock, public and products liability, and employers’ liability
- Hotel cover is available for guests’ personal effects (£2,500 per guest)
- 50% seasonal stock increase during November, December and 30 days prior to Easter
- All risks goods in transit cover of £2,500 (option to extend to £10,000)
- £1,000 cover for damage to frozen and chilled food (option to extend to £10,000 per unit)
- Public and products liability £2m limit of indemnity (option to reduce or increase)
- Money package defaults to £3,500
- Loss of liquor licence (£100,000 as standard with potential to increase as required)
- Business interruption up to £3m gross revenue
Choose from a range of optional covers to meet your needs:
- Stock cover for tobacco, wines and spirits
- Option to include buildings cover or tenant improvements
- Personal accident
- Legal expenses
- Proprietor personal effects (for our Hotel product only)
This policy has been updated to exclude cover for Covid-19. See the Covid-19 notice to policyholders for more.
The best of RSA
We have more than 300 years of commercial property experience for all types and sizes of companies.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
Reliable, efficient claims
Our in-house claims team is fast and responsive – so when you’re due a claim, you get it as quickly as possible.
Help when you need it
To make sure you get the best out of our service, our underwriting team is always happy to help.
This product is designed to meet the needs of:
- Tea rooms and coffee shops
- Bed and breakfast hotels
- Contents circa £150,000 and stock circa £200,000
- Small unlicensed hotels, guest houses and B&Bs
We can offer particularly good deals for:
- Negligible or low flood risk
- Low claims frequency
- Good alarm and physical security
- Standard construction
- Length of time in business
Risks we don’t write – or write only rarely as a small part of a wider portfolio – include:
- More than four premises
- Exposures greater than £3.5m
- Turnover greater than £2.5m
The right expert on your claim
Direct access to decision makers
A highly experienced team responds when things go wrong. For you, this means minimum disruption and getting things back on track quickly.
Dedicated loss adjusters
Our adjusters take ownership of any claim and deal directly with you to arrange visits and agree settlements.
Bespoke supply chain service
Customers get access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
Commercial property claims information
Get an overview of our claims service for commercial property.
- We put you in touch with a tradesperson from our carefully selected panel.
- You pay cost of any work done, but where damage is caused by an insured event you can submit cost as part of your claim.
- If damage is significant, we put you in touch with our loss adjusting service.
- We offer fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Our office-based loss adjusters use video technology to deliver swift assessment and settlement of suitable losses (typically up to £10,000).
- Our field-based commercial property adjusters carry out face-to-face, on-site assessments for higher value and complex losses.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA Underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high-impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
- A comprehensive range of reliable service providers – from drainage experts to validation and replacement of content items.
- This provides your customers with access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
- We ensure suppliers meet our challenging service level targets, delivering for your customers by monitoring each claim using a unique web-based platform to track both progress and costs.
Notice to policyholders
For new business and renewals transacted from 18 December 2020 we would like to draw your attention to the Important Notice to Policyholder documents outlining changes to the policy wording.
Downloads and documents
View and download policies, brochures and more.