Tailored cover for liability and material damage
Business Combined offers tailored insurance that protects everything that matters to the business, without paying for cover you don’t need. If the business needs a mix of material damage and liability covers, it’s a great solution. It’s e-traded too, so you can get a quote and buy online.
Why choose RSA?
Our Business Combined policy is truly flexible, allowing you to pick and mix the cover that is relevant to each individual customer. This means they only pay for cover they want and not for added extras that they don’t. Designed to suit a wide range of sectors, Business Combined is the easiest way to e-trade bespoke cover for customers that require a mix of material damage and liability covers.
Other benefits worth highlighting include:
- Total property exposure up to £20 million with no limit on turnover - our highest ever
- We cover ‘trading online’ and recognise the new normal for many small businesses to allow them to survive and thrive
- We offer floating cover for contents, cover for stock at third-party premises and cover for exports to North America
- 24-hour claims notification helpline with expert and committed claims teams
- Legal helpline offering advice to get your clients back on track quickly
- Suitable for customers with more complex risk profiles
- Goods in transit, if selected includes sending by post, rail or road carrier
- Easy to apply flexible options for bolt-on cover
Risk appetite and cover
Find out more about our risk appetite by exploring the tabs below.
- Target customers
- Positive risk features
- Negative risk features
Business Combined has a wide range of modular covers (in addition to a mandatory element of Property Damage):
- Computer equipment
- Target stock
- Tenants improvements
- Business interruption
- All risks
- Deterioration of stock
- Loss of liquor licence
- Employers’ liability
- Public and products liability
- Machinery breakdown
- Fidelity insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Legal expenses insurance
- Goods in transit
- Floating contents; stock; computer equipment
There are particular areas where RSA has strong expertise including;
- Manufacturing: Engineering and metalwork, electronics, plastics, wood, glass and ceramics, clothing and textiles, food and beverage
- Wholesaling: Engineering and metalwork, electronics, plastics, glass and ceramics, clothing and textiles, food and beverage
Positive risk features
- Two or fewer property claims in the past five years, provided that the claim value is less than £10,000 for any one claim or less than £25,000 in total
- No more than one liability claim in the past five years
- Standard construction
- Fully occupied, single tenure premises
- No history of flood or subsidence losses
- Premises where the total sum insured under property damage and business interruption is below £1,000,000
- Stock in the open sums insured not exceeding £25,000
- No more than £500,000 of floating stock at any one location
- No more than £10,000 of stock at third party premises
- Premises that are not listed or under a preservation order
- Businesses that have IEE Electrical Certificates
Negative risk features
We continue to have no appetite to write most trades in the following sectors:
- Waste and recycling facilities
Get an expert claims team on your side
We understand the impact a claim can have on your customer’s business. That’s why our dedicated teams will provide a fast and efficient claims service to get people and businesses back on track as quickly as possible.
Helping businesses be safer, stronger, and more resilient.
We offer a wide range of risk control guides to help safeguard your customers’ businesses and interests. From health and safety to weather damage, you can help your customers put in place a comprehensive risk mitigation programme by supplying them with a wide range of content created by our risk experts.
Notice to policyholders
RSA have updated our non-motor policy wordings. These new wordings (located below) will apply to new business and renewals transacted on or after 19th November 2021. If you are renewing an existing RSA policy we would like to draw your attention to the Notice to Policyholder (November 2021). This highlights the changes to each of the policy wordings. Please ensure you select the version that corresponds with your product, and include this with your clients other renewal documentation.
Innovative partnership makes a big impact in small business insurance
Follow how we partnered with insurtech, Superscript, to evolve its commercial insurance offering, providing subscription-based insurance for small, independent businesses.
We are making changes to RSA Online
We are investing in our RSA Online platform, to keep informed, please read about how the changes affect you and how you trade with us.
Insurers in wellies: a lifeline for flooded businesses
The business losses caused by flooding extend far beyond floodwater damage. Find out how RSA experts help businesses prepare for and manage catastrophes.
Think like a thief: how to protect your business from burglary
RSA business continuity and security expert Paul Evans learnt a lot about how easy it is to break into places when he was in the British Army Intelligence Corps. Now he helps businesses protect commercial property from criminals.