For construction and contractor trades, including builders, domestic plumbers, electricians and cleaners.
For manual and non-manual trades that are run from home, including surveyors, accountants, hairdressers and cake decorators.
Excellent cover plus flexible options
Our standard cover includes:
- Public and products liability cover of £1m (with an option to increase to £5m)
- Legal defence costs up to £250,000 for alleged breach of Health and Safety Act or Consumer Protection Act
- Legal expenses up to £100,000 any one claim and £1,000,000 in the period of insurance for employment, prosecution, property, taxation and contract disputes. (Some sections have lower limits.)
We also offer a range of flexible options:
- Employers’ liability up to £10m limit of liability
- Tools up to £5,000 per person (with an option for theft from vehicle overnight)
- Business stock up to £5,000 for homeworkers storing materials at their own premises
- Business equipment up to £10,000 for homeworkers' items not insured under Tools
- Contract works up to £500,000 sum insured
- Own plant up to £25,000 sum insured
- Hired-in plant up to £50,000 sum insured
- Personal accident for permanent staff for employment related accidents up to £35,000 for death and capital benefits, £500 per week for temporary total disablement and £200 per week for temporary partial disablement
The best of RSA
We have more than 300 years of commercial property experience for all types and sizes of companies.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
Reliable, efficient claims
Our in-house claims team is fast and responsive – so when you’re due a claim, you get it as quickly as possible.
Help when you need it
To make sure you get the best out of our service, our underwriting team is always happy to help.
This product is designed to meet the needs of:
- Hair and beauty
- Professional consultancy and catering
- Cake makers
We can offer particularly good deals for:
- Negligible or low food risks
- Low claims frequency
- Length of time in the business
Risks we don’t write – or write only rarely as a small part of a wider portfolio – include:
- Individual risks with more than eight employees
- Policyholders with business premises
- Working at height more than 15m or depth>3m
- Contract works greater than £500,000
The right expert on your claim
Direct access to decision makers
A highly experienced team responds when things go wrong. For you, this means minimum disruption and getting things back on track quickly.
Dedicated loss adjusters
Our adjusters take ownership of any claim and deal directly with you to arrange visits and agree settlements.
Bespoke supply chain service
Customers get access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
Commercial property claims information
Get an overview of our claims service for commercial property.
- We put you in touch with a tradesperson from our carefully selected panel.
- You pay cost of any work done, but where damage is caused by an insured event you can submit cost as part of your claim.
- If damage is significant, we put you in touch with our loss adjusting service.
- We offer fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Our office-based loss adjusters use video technology to deliver swift assessment and settlement of suitable losses (typically up to £10,000).
- Our field-based commercial property adjusters carry out face-to-face, on-site assessments for higher value and complex losses.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA Underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high-impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
- A comprehensive range of reliable service providers – from drainage experts to validation and replacement of content items.
- This provides your customers with access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
- We ensure suppliers meet our challenging service level targets, delivering for your customers by monitoring each claim using a unique web-based platform to track both progress and costs.
Downloads and documents
View and download policies, brochures and more.