Designed for all trades
Specifically designed to suit the needs of the self-employed, sole traders, small traders and homeworkers, this product gives you the choice of two tailored policies; covering up to 7 trades and 8 employees.
Our Tradespeople product is focussed on construction and contractor trades, including builders, domestic plumbers, electricians and cleaners. Alternatively, our Homeworkers products covers manual and non-manual trades that are run from home, including surveyors, accountants, hairdressers and cake decorators.
Risk appetite and cover
Find out more about our risk appetite by exploring the tabs below.
- Standard cover
- Optional cover
- Target customer
- Positive risk features
- Negative risk features
Our standard cover includes:
- Public and products liability cover of £1m (with an option to increase to £5m)
- Legal defence costs up to £250,000 for alleged breach of Health and Safety Act or Consumer Protection Act
- Legal expenses up to £100,000 any one claim and £1,000,000 in the period of insurance for employment, prosecution, property, taxation and contract disputes. (Some sections have lower limits.)
We also offer a range of flexible options:
- Employers’ liability up to £10m limit of liability
- Tools up to £5,000 per person (with an option for theft from vehicle overnight)
- Business stock up to £5,000 for homeworkers storing materials at their own premises
- Business equipment up to £10,000 for homeworkers' items not insured under Tools
- Contract works up to £500,000 sum insured
- Own plant up to £25,000 sum insured
- Hired-in plant up to £50,000 sum insured
- Personal accident for permanent staff for employment related accidents up to £35,000 for death and capital benefits, £500 per week for temporary total disablement and £200 per week for temporary partial disablement
This product is designed to meet the needs of:
- Hair and beauty
- Professional consultancy and catering
- Cake makers
Positive risk features
We can offer particularly good deals for:
- Negligible or low food risks
- Low claims frequency
- Length of time in the business
Negative risk features
Risks we don’t write – or write only rarely as a small part of a wider portfolio – include:
- Individual risks with more than eight employees
- Policyholders with business premises
- Working at height more than 15m or depth>3m
- Contract works greater than £500,000
Get an expert claims team on your side
We understand the impact a claim can have on your customer’s business. That’s why our dedicated teams will provide a fast and efficient claims service to get people and businesses back on track as quickly as possible.
Helping businesses be safer, stronger, and more resilient
We offer a wide range of risk control guides to help safeguard your customers’ businesses and interests. From health and safety to weather damage, you can help your customers put in place a comprehensive risk mitigation programme by supplying them with a wide range of content created by our risk experts.
Notice to Policyholders
RSA have updated our non-motor policy wordings. These new wordings (located below) will apply to new business and renewals transacted on or after 19th November 2021. If you are renewing an existing RSA policy we would like to draw your attention to the Notice to Policyholder (November 2021). This highlights the changes to each of the policy wordings. Please ensure you select the version that corresponds with your product, and include this with your clients other renewal documentation.
Staying cyber secure at home or at work
We’re relying on technology now more than ever, don’t let cybercriminals take advantage and stay secure.
Occupational health risk advice
This Risk Management Guideline provides general occupational health information and guidance on some of the common risk exposures in which business are affected.
Health and safety management advice
Describing how you will manage health and safety in your business will let your staff and others know about your commitment to health and safety.