Specifically designed to meet the need for specialist insurance for maritime equipment, we provide flexible cover on a global basis – whether sub-sea, topside, in transit, in store or in operation.
The policy is written in plain English, with clear, concise extensions, conditions and exclusions, and can be tailored to suit the individual requirements of your customer.
For equipment of all shapes and sizes
Our standard cover includes:
- Physical loss, damage or destruction to maritime equipment owned, hired, loaned or leased to customer (or for which they are responsible)
- Loss of revenue
- Collision liability, including legal costs
- Removal of wreck and debris removal
- Liability for continuing hire charges
- Automatic inclusion of additional equipment acquired
- Damage caused by latent defect
- New replacement value on equipment up to five-years-old
- Airfreight replacement
- Damage caused by customs inspection and fumigation
- Exhibitions and loss of exhibition expenses
Cover can also be extended to include goods sold by the customer under the specific cargo section of the policy.
The RSA difference
Our team has years of experience in marine insurance – covering everything from UK-based SME cargo to complex global operations.
Products designed for needs
We designed our marine insurance products to meet the specific demands of the industry – so you only ever get the cover you need.
Effective risk management
Helping businesses manage their risks lies at the heart of RSA: we work with businesses of all kinds to put them in the best possible position.
See the types of business we target.
Examples we target and are at our most competitive in include:
- Remotely operated vehicles (ROV)
- Autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV)
- Oceanographic survey equipment
- Trenchers, ploughs, dive bells
- "On-vessel" fixed equipment (not covered by a Hull insurance policy)
- Support for the offshore energy industry
An expert claims service
A team of specialists
When things go wrong, you get a highly experienced team on the case, working to minimise disruption and get things back on track quickly.
A global network
Our marine claims adjusters work with a global network of claims agents and surveyors – so we can respond fast, wherever the claim is.
A strong partnership
We work closely with you and all parties involved, moving the claim to resolution as quickly as possible.
UK Regional Brokers and UK domiciled Risks
Cargo Throughput Solutions & Simply Cargo
Marine cargo insurance to cover goods in transit and storage worldwide.
e-Traded insurance for road haulage companies and couriers (up to 10 vehicles).