Professional risks, flexible cover
Our Offices product is specially designed to suit the needs of a small to medium enterprise. Whether operating from a commercial property or working from home, we can provide the best level and type of cover needed to protect a business. It covers a wide range of risks, including Property damage, Liability, Business interruption and Money.
It’s a great solution for limited companies, partnerships and sole proprietors, with a maximum sum insured of £2.5 million per premises, the policy can cover a maximum of up to 10 locations.
This product has been awarded a five star rating by Defaqto, an independent assessment based on facts not opinions. This endorsement follows expert analysis of quality data and industry-wide benchmarking. Recommending our Office product to your customers can help you with your product governance requirements and support your Fair Value Assessment.
Office insurance (including Health and Medical)
Why choose RSA?
Our flexible e-traded product was designed to meet the specific needs of offices, surgeries and veterinary clinics. Pick the options needed to meet business requirements, and choose covers at quote, mid-term or renewal.
- Covers home working – we can cover office risks where the customer works from home
- Health and medical – with specialist health and medical policy wording specifically designed for clinics and surgeries, incorporating a liability medical malpractice definition
- Free 24-hour advice – for catastrophe claim assistance, emergency repairs and health and safety
- Simpler requirements and documents – we simplified our approach to security requirements, and use simpler documents with common clauses now in the policy wording
- Wide trade and geographical eligibility – we cover a wide range of trades and postcodes
Risk appetite and cover
Find out more about our risk appetite by exploring the tabs below.
- Standard cover
- Optional cover
- Target customers
- Positive risk features
- Negative risk features
- General contents including accidental damage
- Standard excess £250 for contents and buildings (including escape of water)
- Unspecified all risks items at £2,500
- Public and products liability automatically included at £2m (option to increase up to £10m)
- Employers' liability to £10m
- Money cover up to £3,500 (option to increase up to £10,000)
- Goods in transit cover at £2,500 (option to increase up to £10,000)
- Computer equipment, including computer breakdown cover and the option to add reinstatement of data
- For surgery risks, cover for drugs from £2,500
- Cover for drugs from £2,500 (for surgeries)
- Business interruption on a gross revenue or increased cost of working basis
- Specified contents and all risks items
- Refrigerated drugs and medicines up to a maximum of £5,000, and non-refrigerated drugs and medicines up to a maximum of £10,000 overall
- Stock and trade samples
- Legal expenses
- Theft by employees
- Group personal accident
- Buildings cover with options to include subsidence and loss of rent
This policy has been updated to exclude cover for Covid-19. See the Covid-19 notice to policyholders for more.
This product is designed to meet the needs of:
- Accountants, solicitors and insurance brokers
- Surveyors and architects
- Doctors and dentists
- IT and computer consultancies
- Graphic design and marketing
Positive risk features
The following risk features are set values within the trading platform. If the information you enter sits within the below parameters, the platform should allow ‘straight through trading’ – saving you time.
- Two or fewer claims in the past five years, provided that the total value of all claims is less than £25,000
- No history of flood or subsidence losses
- Standard construction
- Fully occupied premises used only by the business or other offices
- Premises where the total cover under property damage and business interruption is below £1,000,000
- All risks covered up to £10,000 for any one item or £100,000 in total
- Contents up to up to £350,000 or less
- Buildings sums insured of £1,000,000 or less
- Total computer value to not exceed £100,000
Negative risk features
Risks we don’t write – or write only rarely as a small part of a wider portfolio – include:
- Individual exposures greater than £2,500,000
- Portfolios with more than 10 premises
- Premises without self-contained access
- Predominantly unoccupied portfolios
Get an expert claims team on your side
We understand the impact a claim can have on your customer’s business. That’s why our dedicated teams will provide a fast and efficient claims service to get people and businesses back on track as quickly as possible.
Helping businesses be safer, stronger, and more resilient
We offer a wide range of risk control guides to help safeguard your customers’ businesses and interests. From health and safety to weather damage, you can help your customers put in place a comprehensive risk mitigation programme by supplying them with a wide range of content created by our risk experts.
Notice to policyholders
RSA have updated our non-motor policy wordings. These new wordings (located below) will apply to new business and renewals transacted on or after 19th November 2021. If you are renewing an existing RSA policy we would like to draw your attention to the Notice to Policyholder (November 2021). This highlights the changes to each of the policy wordings. Please ensure you select the version that corresponds with your product, and include this with your clients other renewal documentation.
The three Ps of Offices insurance
The world of work has changed dramatically over the past year and businesses are adapting to more flexible ways of working.
Burglary and theft
Paul Evans helps businesses protect commercial property from criminals – and it all begins with being able to think like a thief.
Electrical equipment risk advice
Building owners and operators have a duty to maintain electrical equipment in a safe condition.