Three decades of experience
With over 30 years’ experience in the sector we are one of the lead insurers for the renewable energy insurance industry. So you get a policy tailored to the unique exposures and challenges faced by companies in this sector.
Expert risk consultancy
We can work with renewables projects at any stage – from design all the way through to operations performance. Our expert risk consultants have many years of experience working across the sector, and we can provide recommendations to help customers improve their practices for the long term.
Areas we work in, cover we offer
We work for a wide range of businesses in the renewable energy sector, including:
With our deep understanding of the sector, we’re able to offer cover that includes:
- Construction all risks
- Erection all risks
- Operational all risks
- Advanced loss of profits / delay in start-up
- Machinery breakdown
- Business interruption
Excellent service, fast response
Dedicated phone lines
It’s always easy to get in touch with us when you need.
Quotation enquiries receive a response within 24 hours.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
See how we’re embracing the challenge of the growing renewable energy sector.
By recognising that we had not previously been making the most of our international opportunities in the growing Renewable Energy sector, we were empowered to take a more proactive approach.
We began a long-term programme to actively seek territories where our strong credentials could deliver service and support that would truly benefit customers in those regions.
South Africa was identified as somewhere where widespread development in the power industry will be taking place. Over the last 20 years, the country has made enormous strides socially and economically and now has an urgent need to keep up with its escalating power consumption.
The unique strength of our global network means we can offer our South African customers vast know-how, the right coverage and a leading claims service – all backed by a strong credit rating.
With thorough preparation in place, we utilised our London Market expertise, working closely with our network partners and brokers, to tender for and win new wind farm and solar park business.
- Collaborating locally and globally across our global network to provide expertise and support for new customers in South Africa
- Demonstrating an understanding of the individual needs of our customers on the continent
- Delivering a joined-up service with our Marine business
- Significantly increasing our client base in South Africa
- Proactively planning and preparing to maximise opportunities.
A fast, effective claims service
Get a fast response
With a notification within three hours, and an action plan within 48 hours, we put next steps and agreed progress updates in place, fast.
We work closely with you throughout the life of a claim. We ensure claims handling is tailored appropriately at all stages.
Know who to talk to
One person manages your claim from start to finish – so they know exactly what’s going on, and you know who to call.
Get it settled
We always focus on settling claims as quickly and fairly as possible.
Claims information for construction, engineering and renewables
Fast and efficient claims handling when you need it most – for the construction, engineering and renewable energy sector.
- Fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Face-to-face, on-site assessments carried out by specialist construction adjusters.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
Downloads and documents
Related products and services
Environmental Impairment Liability
Liability cover for losses or damages arising from a pollution event.
Risk Managed General (Public and Products) Liability
Bespoke solutions for public and product liability insurance needs.