A package designed to the meet the needs of commercial customers looking to insure residential properties let for income, including private houses and blocks of flats.
Buildings. Rent. Contents. Liability.
Residential property owners face a unique combination of risks by entrusting their accommodation to tenants and, however well-prepared they may be, accidents and disputes can and do happen. Having adequate insurance is vital to protect residential property owners’ investments and safeguard their financial future should an unpredictable event occur such as vandalism, fire, or flood.
Why choose RSA?
Our Residential Properties insurance has been designed by our in-house property experts to the meet the needs of commercial customers looking to insure residential dwellings let for income – from a single house or block of flats to an entire portfolio of UK properties. Depending on the size of the business, we have two routes to trade with us as follows:
For risk features that fall within our standard parameters, our online platform enables swift ‘straight-through trading’ of our Residential Properties product. This includes portfolios of up to 20 properties, covering up to £5million in value on blocks of flats and £1.5million on a single house.
For more complex requirements or risk profiles, you can trade manually with our expert underwriting team. You will have access to a specialist underwriter in your region with vast local knowledge of the commercial property sector. They will work closely with you to deliver a speedy, solutions-focused approach and tailor the appropriate level of cover for your individual customer’s needs.
Choose from a pre-packaged product that you can put in place swiftly and simply online, or we can tailor cover to your customer’s unique needs by combining any of the following elements:
- Buildings insurance – to cover the cost of rebuilding or repairing the structure if the building is damaged or destroyed
- Landlords contents insurance– to cover the value of landlord’s contents such as white goods and furniture in residential properties or block of flats
- Loss of rent insurance – should the property be damaged and unfit for tenants to live in for a period of time
- Alternative accommodation insurance – to cover the cost of rehousing tenants if the property becomes uninhabitable
- Public liability insurance – to protect residential property owners against claims where they are legally liable due to accidental injury to another person or accidental damage in or about the property
- Employers’ liability insurance – to cover any staff employed by the landlord.
- Legal expenses – for disputes in relation to contractual, residential and employment matters
Our risk appetite
Find out more about our risk appetite by exploring the tabs below.
Downloads and documents
View and download policies, fact sheets and more.
Property risk consulting
Avoid business disruption and reputational damage by mitigating property risks.
Find the details you need to make a new claim or check on an existing claim.