Information about the upcoming Polaris update
Polaris are upgrading the e-traded property owners’ questions. The questions go live for new and renewal business in early October. To help you prepare, click here for details.
Commercial and residential cover, all under one roof
We designed our e-Traded Properties product specifically for property owners of commercial and residential premises. It covers mixed occupancy and blocks of flats, and is suitable for portfolios of up to 20 properties (with a declared value of less than £5m, £1.5m for residential and £2.5m for blocks of flats).
Take a look at our Properties Refresh Brochure for details of the changes and improvements that we've made, including simplified wording.
It’s fast, simple and efficient to buy online – one streamlined product to meet your insurance needs, including our in-house RSA claims support.
Flexible range of covers
Great standard cover:
- Wide definition of buildings – car parks, outbuildings, CCTV and lighting, drains, pipes and cables, landlord fixtures and contents of common parts
- Inflation Protection during the insurance and any property reinstatement period to a maximum of 50%, with 30% as standard included in the price
- Up to £500,000 alterations, additions and newly acquired buildings cover
- Malicious damage and theft by tenants
- Alternative accommodation costs, including loss of rent up to 30% of buildings sum insured for residential properties
- Contract works cover where the policyholder is responsible for arranging insurance and the contract price is less than £100,000
- Automatic cover for book debts up to £25,000 for outstanding debts that you are unable to trace following damage covered by the policy
Flexible range of benefits
- Landlords’ contents up to £50,000
- Terrorism cover
- Legal expenses up to £100,000
- Property owners’ liability up to £5,000,000 (with Legionellosis included up to the same limit)
- Loss of rent for commercial premises up to £2,500,000 over 36 months
This policy was updated to exclude cover for Covid-19. See the notice in ‘Downloads and documents’ for more information.
Flexible cover, personal service
We have more than 300 years of commercial property experience for all types and sizes of companies.
Our expertise means we can tailor cover to suit the specific needs of each business.
Reliable, efficient claims
Our in-house claims team is fast and responsive – so when you’re due a claim, you get it as quickly as possible.
Help when you need it
To make sure you get the best out of our service, our underwriting team is always happy to help.
Examples we target:
- Eligible residential tenant types with a declared value under £200k
- Office and retail premises
- Single tenure industrial units and retail warehouses
- Single premises portfolios
We can offer particularly good deals for:
- Commercial portfolios
- Claims-free portfolios
- Standard construction
- Full repairing lease
- Experienced landlords
Risks we don’t write – or write only rarely as a small part of a wider portfolio – include:
- Waste and recycling risks
- Chemical risks
- Dry cleaners, laundries or hotels and restaurants with their own laundry facilities
- Car showrooms, tyre fitters, automotive repair garages and similar in the motor trade sector
- Bed and breakfast, care and support, asylum seekers
- Housing associations or property developers
- Multi-tenure industrial units or retail warehouses
- Use of portable heaters
- Incorporation of composite panels in construction of commercial premises involved in food production or storage
- More than incidental proportion of empty premises
- Less than six months tenancy agreements
The right expert on your claim
Direct access to decision makers
A highly experienced team responds when things go wrong. For you, this means minimum disruption and getting things back on track quickly.
Dedicated loss adjusters
Our adjusters take ownership of any claim and deal directly with you to arrange visits and agree settlements.
Bespoke supply chain service
Customers get access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
Commercial property claims information
Get an overview of our claims service for commercial property.
- We put you in touch with a tradesperson from our carefully selected panel.
- You pay cost of any work done, but where damage is caused by an insured event you can submit cost as part of your claim.
- If damage is significant, we put you in touch with our loss adjusting service.
- We offer fast, efficient service and impartial advice to agree the best course of action for each claim.
- Our office-based loss adjusters use video technology to deliver swift assessment and settlement of suitable losses (typically up to £10,000).
- Our field-based commercial property adjusters carry out face-to-face, on-site assessments for higher value and complex losses.
- Our LAS team has instant access to RSA Underwriting teams and policy details, enabling them to make quick claim decisions and authorise prompt claims payments to customers to help with cash flow for their business.
- Claims above a certain size and complexity need a different, often project managed approach, so our large and major loss claims handling team is made up of our most experienced claims specialists.
- The team have the skills to manage major events and protect your customers’ financial and reputational interests.
- We work with you and your customers to plan for serious losses with potential high impact to their business.
- Our technical claims specialists will consider a potential high-impact loss scenario, discuss how the policy may respond in the situation, what action we as an insurer may take, and if necessary what risk controls could be taken to prevent the incident ever taking place.
- A comprehensive range of reliable service providers – from drainage experts to validation and replacement of content items.
- This provides your customers with access to a large network of vetted suppliers who provide a range of property services at a competitive agreed schedule of rates.
- We ensure suppliers meet our challenging service level targets, delivering for your customers by monitoring each claim using a unique web-based platform to track both progress and costs.
Property owners guide: Shrinking your biggest risks and hazards
Find out how to best protect your property from the top 5 risks and hazards you face as a landlord in the UK in our latest guidance.
Got a question about Properties?
We've answered some of the commonly asked questions about Properties on our FAQ page. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Notice to policyholders
For new business and renewals transacted from 18 December 2020 we would like to draw your attention to the Important Notice to Policyholder documents outlining changes to the policy wording.
View and download policies, brochures and more
Related products and services
Property Owner's Insurance
Insurance for property owners who let commercial premises for long-term rental income.
Supporting commercial insurance brokers wanting to gain better profits and improved service from their SME book.